During a student’s second year of this two-year sequential program the students will build on their previous learning and become acquainted new topics such as engine repair, engine performance, heating and air conditioning systems, electrical and electronics. While taking classes at WCTC the students will have a chance to earn college credits. The WCTC Automotive program is NATEF certified in Maintenance and Light Repair.
This class will focus on hands-on activities in the lab area and on the theory of how machines function via the classroom.
Students will be required to wear safety glasses AT ALL TIMES while in the lab area.
Post-Secondary Opportunities through WCTC Automotive Technology
EMCC , CE/DE = Automotive Technology Braking Systems(ATA 111), 3 credits, Automotive Technology Steering and Suspension (ATA 125), 3 credits.
UTI, AA-Brakes, Electrical/Electronic Systems, Suspension and Steering (NATEF certifications).
*Potentially other articulation agreements available within the Maine Community College System.
AA = Articulation Agreement. The WCTC program has an agreement with the noted college. If a student attends that college, he/she can earn credit for the mentioned college course.
DC/DE = Dual Credit/Dual Enrollment. The WCTC program follows the college curriculum and can offer college credit. A student has the opportunity to complete the WCTC program and have the equivalent course noted on a college transcript. These credits can transfer to other colleges.
Please check out our Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/wctcauto
- Students should have highschool level math and reading skills.
- Students should have an interest in the Auto Repair Feild.
- Students should be self motivated.
- Students should have goodcommunication skills.
- Students should be able to work together with others.
- Students in the Auto Collision class are required to work as a team.
- Students are required to cover the cost of their 10hr OSHA certification (cost 20.00). Students must also bring a headset or earbuds for this certification.
- Students are required to wear proper dress while in the lab area (shorts, open toe shoes, etc. will not be permitted).
- Students must pass the Safety Exam at the beginning of the year in order to work out in the lab area.
- Students WILL wear safety glasses AT ALL TIMES in the lab area.
- Students must pass all tool safety tests with a 100% score before being allowed to use any given tools out in the shop area.
- Students must turn in all paperwork at the first of the year, signed by their parents/guardian, before participating in work in the lab.
- Students must work in a mature manner in the lab. Any horseplay will endanger the welfare of other students and is grounds for dismissal from the program.
This course meets Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, and Fri from 11:30 am to 1:45 pm.
This course is held at WCTC in room Automotive Technology.
Course ID: AT-PM