Emergency Medical Technicians (EMTs) are often the first medical professionals to treat sick or injured people. Upon arriving at the scene of a crisis, these professionals evaluate the severity of a patient’s condition and administer emergency treatment accordingly.
Students enrolled in the EMS course will have many opportunities. Students will learn to take care of critically ill and injured patients through lecture, labs, clinical experiences, and field trips. They will develop strong communication skills that will last a lifetime.
The EMS program at Waldo County Technical Center is available to individuals seeking to further their knowledge in either the medical field or public safety.
Students enrolled in the EMS program can earn:
- Dual Enrollment Credit Eastern Maine Community College.
- American Heart Association Heartsaver First Aid Certification.
- American Heart Association BLS Healthcare Provider Certification.
- Pediatric Education for Pre-hospital Providers BLS Certification.
- NIMS 100, 200, 700.
- Ambulance Vechicle Operators Course Basic Certification.
- Gertatric Education for Emergency Medical Services BLS Certification.
- Hazardous Materials Awarness Level.
Students enrolled in the Emergency Medical Services program are required to be 16 years of age prior to start of clinical rotations (Spring semester)
This course meets from 11:30 am to 1:45 pm.
This course is held at WCTC in room Emergency Medical Services.
Course ID: EMS